Get Connected. If we can’t reach you, we can’t alert you. Sign up here!
In an effort to improve service to residents and businesses, the City of Mount Pearl facilitates a notification system, called Citizen ALERT, that will keep you connected. This system allows you to get important information as it relates to emergencies and severe interruptions.
Alerts may include, but are not limited to:
- watermain breaks that affect a large area
- severe traffic disruptions
- water ban / boil water order
- parking ban
- garbage collection cancellations or schedule changes
How will you be notified?
You can receive notifications through the following methods. You choose how and manage your own profile when you sign up.
Sign up now.
- mobile phone (work and/or personal)
- text message
- email (work and/or personal)
- home phone
- work phone
By default, all numbers listed in the white pages and yellow pages for Mount Pearl residents and businesses are set up for automated phone calls. However, you are still required to sign up for Citizen ALERT as we require additional information and an alternate method of contact, where possible.
How do Citizen ALERT notifications work?
- When you sign up, you indicate how you would like to be contacted. For example, a text message could be your first choice, a phone call to a mobile number could be your second choice, an e-mail could be your third choice, and so forth.
- The system will send an alert to your first point of contact. If you receive the notification, you will be prompted to confirm that the information was received. If you confirm, the system will stop at this point.
- If you do not confirm, the system will proceed to your second point of contact. If you do not confirm that you received the notification, the system will proceed to your third choice, and will continue until you have confirmed that the alert was received, or all methods of contact that you have signed up for are notified.
What if your neighbourhood is not affected?
Because Citizen ALERT uses a Geographic Information System, only the streets that are affected may be notified.