Commonwealth Avenue Construction Update – June 11-22
For the period June 11 – 22
Please be advised that ongoing waterline and sanitary and storm sewer installation will result in the following east side lane closures on Commonwealth Avenue:
- From the Ruth/Park Intersection to Centennial Street (Park Avenue civic number 249, Commonwealth Avenue civic numbers 11 – 25)
- From Centennial Street to Edinburgh Drive (Commonwealth Avenue civic numbers 5 – 45)
- From Smallwood Drive to Whiteley Drive (Commonwealth Avenue/Smallwood Drive intersection to civic number 103). Please note this work will begin once the Ruth Avenue/Park Avenue intersection has been re-opened.
- From Whiteley Drive to Francis Street (Commonwealth Avenue civic numbers 105 – 131)
Smallwood Drive/Commonwealth Avenue Intersection
Beginning Monday, June 18, the Smallwood Drive/Commonwealth Avenue intersection will be partially closed:
- Through traffic will be permitted on Commonwealth Avenue in both directions
- Right turns onto Smallwood Drive will be permitted for southbound Commonwealth Avenue traffic only
- Left turns will not be permitted for both directions on Commonwealth Avenue
- Smallwood Drive traffic will be restricted to right turns only at Commonwealth Avenue
The intersection will be fully re-opened with no traffic restrictions by the end of day Thursday, June 21.
We appreciate your continued patience as we work to build a better Mount Pearl. Please continue to check the City’s social feeds and website for updates.