Commonwealth Avenue Construction Update (Oct 12 – 20)
The Commonwealth Avenue Construction Project is the largest infrastructure project in our City’s history and is on schedule to be completed this November. Please note the following updates for the week of October 12th – 20th.
Commonwealth Avenue & Ruth/Park Avenue Intersection
Work on the intersection of Commonwealth Avenue/Ruth Avenue/Park Avenue is scheduled to start Monday, October 15th, for the removal of the old storm sewer and work on the new pavement structure and traffic signals. The intersection work will be completed and paved by Saturday, October 20th.
The following traffic changes will be in effect:
- Through traffic only on Commonwealth Avenue will be maintained.
- Detours will be in place for Ruth Avenue and Park Avenue as there will be no through traffic and no right/left turns onto Commonwealth Avenue
- Park Avenue Westbound: traffic will detour onto Centennial Street to Commonwealth Avenue
- Ruth Avenue Eastbound:
- Traffic will detour onto First Street and Glendale Avenue to access Commonwealth Avenue Northbound
- Traffic will detour onto First Street and St. David’s Avenue to access Commonwealth Avenue Southbound
- Digital message boards will be posted and flag people will direct traffic.
Reaching our businesses
- During the removal of the old storm sewer from the east side of Commonwealth Ave, there will be temporary disruptions to access and limited left turns for businesses on the east side of Commonwealth Avenue between Park Avenue and Centennial Street.
- Work will continue on the west side of Commonwealth Avenue between Centennial Street and Edinburgh Drive for curbs, sidewalks, pavement structure and asphalt. There will be temporary left turn restrictions and localized entrance closures for each business.
Please note there may be changes as the work progresses during the week. Please check the website or our social media channels for updates.