Commonwealth Avenue/Smallwood Drive Intersection
Please be advised that beginning Monday, August 27th, construction will resume at the Commonwealth Avenue/Smallwood Drive intersection. This work includes the removal and excavation of the old culverts and installation of new larger culverts for Tyrrwitt’s Brook. This river runs diagonally underneath and across the intersection.
The following traffic restrictions will be in place:
– Through traffic will remain with two lanes open
– No right/left turns on Monday, August 27th and Tuesday, August 28th
– Right turns only (no left turns) – starting August 29th
– Traffic lights will flash yellow
– No through traffic will be permitted
– Right turns only (no left turns)
– Traffic lights will flash red
The work is expected to take 4 to 6 weeks, at which time the intersection will be fully reopened and all upgrades to the underground infrastructure will be complete.
Please continue to allow for extra time when traveling on Commonwealth Avenue.
We appreciate your patience as we work to complete this major infrastructure project.