Parks & Trails
View the map of our facilities, parks and trails.
Take the time to visit Mount Pearl, explore the trailways and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The City has approximately 60 kms of linear walkway systems, including the NF Trailway/Arboretum Walk and the Grand Concourse Authority Walks. The City grooms of a portion of the NL Trailway within the boundaries of Mount Pearl. There are 50 playgrounds throughout the City, linked to our scenic walking trails. Located throughout Mount Pearl, you will find the following: skate ‘n’ ride park, tennis courts, basketball courts, multipurpose courts, multipurpose field, soccer fields, ball fields, track and field facility, beach volleyball courts, rugby field and dog park. Learn more by reading our Parks and Recreation Master Plan. The City also offers a commemorative bench and tree program to memorialize significant others and to commemorate significant events and occasions.
The City has two softball / slo-pitch fields (both with lights) and two baseball fields. The locations of these fields can be viewed in map above. As well, ball fields are available for rent from May to October and are suitable for social events or fundraisers. Read more on our rental facilities here.
- Ed Moyst Soccer Field, Team Gushue Sportsplex
- Richard Levandier Softball Field, Team Gushue Sportsplex
- Senior Baseball Field, Team Gushue Sportsplex
- Squire Softball Field, Stapleton Road
- Rugby Pitch, Ruth Avenue
- Beach Volleyball Court, Ruth Avenue & Westminster
- Greenwood Minor Field, Old Placentia Road
Mount Pearl’s Off-Leash Dog Park
Open sunrise to sunset, 7 days a week! Pet owners are asked to please help keep the facility clean and follow all rules and regulations posted. The small dog park section is for dogs 12kg (25lbs) and under.
Dog Park Rules & Regulations
- Use at your own risk.
- Dog owners are responsible and liable for the actions and behavior of their dogs. Clean up dog feces immediately.
- Dogs must be leashed before entering and leaving the park.
- Dog owners must carry a leash and remain inside the fenced area within view and voice control of their dogs at all times. Never leave your dog unattended.
- An adult must accompany dogs. Limit of 3 dogs per adult.
- No children under age 12 allowed inside the fence unless closely supervised at all times; remember this is a playground for dogs, not children.
- Immediately leash and remove a problem dog from the park.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- No food or glass containers allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited in the dog park.
- Dogs must be wearing identification tags have up-to-date shots and be free of illness and parasites.
- Puppies younger than 4 months old are not allowed.
- Owners must stop dogs from digging and immediately fill holes.
- No dog toys are permitted in the park. Toys can be a cause for confrontation between dogs.
- Park may be closed for maintenance without prior notice. Daily hours of operation: sunrise to sunset only.
Do you need to report vandalism or maintenance?
Call 748-1018 during regular business hours or 748-1006 after hours.