Parks & Trails
Take the time to visit Mount Pearl, enjoy the beautiful scenery and explore almost 60 kilometers of walking trails. There are over 50 playgrounds throughout the City, linked to our scenic walking trails.
The City is a member of the Grand Concourse Authority. Grand Concourse mapping displays mobile-friendly route information for walks and parks throughout Mount Pearl and neighbouring municipalities. For more details, please visit www.grandconcourse.ca/mapping.
The City offers a commemorative bench and tree program to memorialize significant others and to commemorate significant events and occasions. Commemorative benches and trees may be placed throughout City walkways and parks. For more details on parks and recreation in the City of Mount Pearl, please read the Parks and Recreation Master Plan.
St. David’s Park
St. David’s Park is located off St. David’s Avenue. It features a cenotaph war memorable, surrounded with a seating area and bubblers, as well as a nature-based playground, designed to provide children the opportunity to interact with materials like fossils, boulders, grass, and climb on structures built from cedar logs. There is also a pavilion, oval walking track, life-sized chess board, and compass rose in the centre of the park.
Mount Pearl’s Off-Leash Dog Park
Open sunrise to sunset, 7 days a week! Pet owners are asked to please keep the facility clean and follow all dog park rules and regulations. The small dog park section is for dogs 12kg (25lbs) and under.
Dog Park Rules & Regulations
- Use at your own risk.
- Dog owners are responsible and liable for the actions and behavior of their dogs. Clean up dog feces immediately.
- Dogs must be leashed before entering and leaving the park.
- Dog owners must carry a leash and remain inside the fenced area within view and voice control of their dogs at all times. Never leave your dog unattended.
- An adult must accompany dogs. Limit of 3 dogs per adult.
- No children under age 12 allowed inside the fence unless closely supervised at all times; remember this is a playground for dogs, not children.
- Immediately leash and remove a problem dog from the park.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- No food or glass containers allowed.
- Smoking is prohibited in the dog park.
- Dogs must be wearing identification tags have up-to-date shots and be free of illness and parasites.
- Puppies younger than 4 months old are not allowed.
- Owners must stop dogs from digging and immediately fill holes.
- No dog toys are permitted in the park. Toys can be a cause for confrontation between dogs.
- Park may be closed for maintenance without prior notice. Daily hours of operation: sunrise to sunset only.
Do you need to report vandalism or maintenance?
Please call Infrastructure & Public Works at 709-748-1016.