Prescheduled bulk garbage collection takes place in April, May, September and October. During June, July and August, residents can request a maximum of two bulk collections free of charge. If you require collection at any other time, you may avail of our pick up service, which requires a prepaid fee of $45 for each service. These collections take place on Mondays and are by appointment only.
To schedule a pick up, residents must submit a bulk garbage application. Bulk Garbage Application
To ensure maximum efficiency, the City is divided into five zones for bulk garbage collection. Each zone receives collection on a specific day, as indicated below. Please note that bulk garbage collection may take up to one week to complete. You may also bring your bulk items to Robin Hood Bay.
Bulk Garbage Zones
If you would like to know your zone, simply select your street from the drop down menu or view the bulk garbage zone map.
Please Select Your Street …
2019 Bulk Garbage Collection Schedule
|Zone 1||Monday, May 6
Tuesday, September 16
|Zone 2||Monday, May 13
Monday, September 23
|Zone 3||Monday, April 29
Monday, September 9
|Zone 4||Tuesday, May 27
Monday, October 7
|Zone 5||Monday, May 21
Monday, September 30
Bulk Garbage Guidelines
• Items can be placed at the curb on the evening before your collection day. Items are not allowed at the curb earlier than this time.
• Items must be placed at the curb by 8 a.m. on your collection day.
• Loose materials must be bundled, boxed or in clear bags and must not exceed 22kg (50lbs).
• Items not intended for bulk collection should be removed from the curb.
• Residents must separate metals from other bulk garbage.
• Consider donating quality, gently used furniture to local charities: www.homeagainfb.ca.
What’s Accepted – Search your item below for more specific details:
Contact the Infrastructure & Public Works Department