Summer Recreation Jobs
The Community Services Department is now accepting applications from enthusiastic, creative and energetic students for the following summer positions:
· Day Camp Coordinators
· Day Camp Counsellors
· Summer Events Coordinator
· Summer Events Assistant
· Outdoor Recreation Coordinator
· Outdoor Recreation Counsellors
· Inclusion Coordinator
· Inclusion Counsellors
All positions, wages, and hours of work will be based on funding received through federal/provincial student grants.
- All summer staff to have completed the High Five Workshop ‘Principles of Healthy Child Development’. Course cost is $40. Course date to be advised;
- Minimum of 16 years of age by June 26, 2017;
- Staff must have a valid first aid certificate from the period June 27 – August 25, 2017;
- Staff must be presently attending a secondary or post-secondary institute full-time, with plans to attend full-time in September 2017;
- Coordinators must be post-secondary students with experience working in a summer recreation setting;
- Outdoor recreation staff should have skills in canoeing, kayaking, backpacking, camping, a National Lifeguard Certificate or other aquatic certifications would be an asset;
- Successful applicants must provide: (1) a Letter of Conduct from the RNC prior to commencing employment including the Vulnerability Sector Check and (2) a valid driver’s abstract dated within the last 6 months.
Applicants must specify first and second choice on the application.
We thank all students who apply, but advise that all applications will not be acknowledged. Applicants to be interviewed will be contacted by telephone May 26, 2017.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS is 3:00 P.M. FRIDAY, APRIL 7, 2017