Water Main Lining Project – Tweedsmuir Place and Sycamore Place
UPDATE (December 11, 2018): The Water Boil Advisory has been removed for Tweedsmuir Place and Sycamore Place, as approved by Service NL.
Water Main Lining Project (December 3 to 7, 2018)
Tweedsmuir Place and Sycamore Place
A water main lining project is scheduled to begin on Monday, December 3, 2018 continuing until Friday, December 7, 2018. This is important work to address the water discolor you may have been experiencing. All residents are advised that power and water outages may occur.
A Boil Water Advisory is required to be in place until test samples are determined to be acceptable. Testing is expected to be completed by Friday, December 7, 2018. Please review the below points to follow the Boil Water Advisory:
- All drinking water must be brought to a rigorous boil for at least one (1) full minute
- Residents will need to boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Preparing infant formula and cereal
- Washing fruit/vegetables
- Making Ice
- Making coffee/tea/hot drinks
- Making juices and other drinks from concentrates or powders
- It is not necessary to boil water for laundry or bathing/showering for adults and older children. However, it is recommended that infants/toddlers are sponge-bathed.
It is recommended that residents refrain from doing laundry for approximately one hour after the water has been restored to avoid the possibility of clothes being soiled or stained by discoloured water. Should water discolouration persist, please contact the City’s Infrastructure and Public Works Department at 748-1016.
The City of Mount Pearl apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.