Dealing with Dementia – Free Group Sessions
Educational and support group sessions with Dr. Hasnain
Dr. Hasnain, a semi-retired Geriatric Psychiatrist, will be offering 10 educational and support group sessions to the family members of patients with dementia. The sessions may also be of interest to health workers such as nurses, nurse-assistants and personal care attendant working with patients with dementia. The group session will be held on a weekly basis at the Summit Centre in Mount Pearl and will be open to anyone who wants to attend.
Attend one or all the sessions, no registration required.
Mount Pearl Summit Centre
Monday Nights – March 4th to May 6th
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Dementia: an overview of its common types – March 4th
- Early symptoms of common types of dementias – March 11th
- Coping with the early stages of dementia (mostly discussion/interaction) – March 18th
- Course of common types of dementias – March 25th
- Complications of dementias – an overview – April 1st
- Complications of dementias – a few common symptoms – April 8th
- Living through the challenges of dementias (mostly discussion/interaction) – April 15th
- Managing the later stages of dementias – April 22nd
- Coping with the burden and the losses (mostly discussion/interaction) – April 29th
- Societal needs and what we can/should do (mostly discussion/interaction) – May 6th
Please note: Each of the sessions stating ” mostly discussion/interaction” will have approximately 30-45 minutes reserved for questions and discussion pertaining to the previous sessions. The remaining sessions will have 10-15 minutes each for questions/discussion.