Summer Canoe and Kayak Program
We are excited to start the 2020 Canoe and Kayak Program on Sunday, July 12th. We have implemented new measures to ensure we are doing our part to prevent the spread of COVID-19. While things may look a little different, we are taking steps to make your outdoor experience as safe as possible.
All equipment, including boats, paddles and PFDs, is supplied by the City at no cost to participants. You are encouraged to bring your own PFD’s – we have a limited supply and cannot guarantee we will be able to supply at the time of your booking due to COVID-19 sanitation protocols.
BOOKING A CANOE
The 2020 program takes place daily from 1:00pm to 7:30pm.
- A reservation MUST be made before arrival, however, you can only book one (1) day in advance
- Bookings can be made by phone only, please call 709-764-7635 between 1:00 pm and 7:00 pm
- Bookings can be made starting Saturday, July 11 at 1:00 pm.
- Only one booking per person/per day. Maximum of three adults per canoe/booking, or with children – a maximum of 4 people per canoe/booking (at least one adult must be present).
The following time 30 minute slots will be available each day, please arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before your booking.
The program will only take place when conditions are safe (i.e. no strong winds, no heavy rain). Please call the outdoor recreation coordinator at 709-764-7635 if you have any questions.
Please help us prevent the spread of the COVID-19:
- Participants must be able to observe a safe physical distancing by keeping at least 6 feet (2m) between all people (outside your bubble) at all times.
- Stay home if you are sick or experiencing any flu like symptoms.
- Practice proper hand hygiene by washing your hands or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your sneeze or cough.