Tweedsmuir Place – Water Main Lining Project (UPDATED)
The water main lining project is rescheduled to begin on Monday, September 16, 2019, continuing until Friday, September 27, 2019.
This is important work to address the water discoloration you may have been experiencing.
All residents are advised that power and water outages will occur throughout this period.
For updates, residents are encouraged to check the City’s website or call the Infrastructure and Public Works Department at 748-1016.
A Boil Water Advisory is required to be in place, beginning September 16th, until test samples are determined to be acceptable.
Testing is expected to be completed by Monday, September 30, 2019. Please review the below points to follow the Boil Water Advisory:
- All drinking water must be brought to a rigorous boil for at least one (1) full minute
- Residents will need to boil water used for:
- Brushing teeth
- Preparing infant formula and cereal
- Washing fruit/vegetables
- Making Ice
- Making coffee/tea/hot drinks
- Making juices and other drinks from concentrates or powders
- It is not necessary to boil water for laundry or bathing/showering for adults and older children. However, it is recommended that infants/toddlers are sponge-bathed.
It is recommended that residents refrain from doing laundry for approximately one hour after the water has been restored to avoid the possibility of clothes being soiled or stained by discoloured water. Should water discolouration persist, please contact the City’s Infrastructure and Public Works Department at 748-1016.
The City of Mount Pearl apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause.