The City of Mount Pearl offers fun and exciting summer day camps for children between the grades of kindergarten to grade 6.
As outlined in the Provincial guidelines for Summer Day Camps, we have had to make several modifications to our program to ensure everyone stays safe and healthy.
Summer Day Camp Guidelines 2020
- There will be no early and late drop offs and pickups
- Siblings can be registered in the same camp despite different age groups, however please note that the age group of the camp you register your child for, is the age the activities and programming will be geared toward.
- The camp staff-to-child ratio is 1:5 in all camps, and physical distancing will be enforced whenever/wherever possible. Each camp will have a maximum of 10 children.
- All camps will have a separate entrance and exit for drop off and pickup
- There will be no field trips or swimming.
- Play structure will be outdoor focused, exploration, activities, etc. However, on rainy days and extreme heat/ sun exposure there will be indoor activities. Safety is our first priority!
- Cleaning and disinfecting will be a priority for facilities and equipment, in addition to proper hand washing and hygiene practices.
- All camps will have their own washroom facilities, these will not be shared among other camps.
- Spray sunscreen is encouraged for children needing help from staff as it will minimize the risk of physical distancing boundaries.
- Parents will have to sign and complete our “Fit for Play Screening Questionnaire“ upon dropping their child(ren) off each morning.
- There will be no tolerance for children attending camp unwell. If your child is feeling unwell at any point throughout the day, guardians are required to pick them up immediately.
- No sharing of food or drinks is permitted.
While we can appreciate things will be different this year, we will do our best to ensure your child has a fun and exciting time in each of our camps!
(Based on the grade your child just completed.)
Scamper Camp – Kindergarten & Grade 1
Rambler Camp – Grade 2 & 3
Discovery Camp – Grade 4 to 6
Gloria Pearson Community Centre (Scamper Camp)
Mount Pearl Summit (Discovery, Rambler and Scamper)
Park Place Community Centre (Discovery, Rambler and Scamper)
Camp runs daily, Monday to Friday, from 8:30am to 4:30pm. No early drop off or late pick-up will be available.
$100 one child / $180 two children / $65 for each additional child
Camps will begin on July 6th and will run for 8 weeks, until August 28th.
Note that registration is online only and space is limited: www.mountpearl.ca/registration
MOUNT PEARL RESIDENTS
Opens Monday, June 15th, starting at 5:00 p.m.
Opens Wedneday, June 17th, starting at 5:00 p.m.