Stay connected! Citizen Alert is a tool that provides communication from the city directly to you, our residents. By signing up, we’ll keep you in the loop on emergencies, service interruptions, major city events, and more!
Citizen Alerts may include, but are not limited to:
- Garbage/recycling collection schedule changes or cancellations
- Emergency communications (e.g. severe weather, major fire)
- Severe traffic disruptions
- Watermain breaks that affect a large area
- Boil order advisories
- Major city events (e.g. City Days)
How will you be notified?
You can receive notifications through phone calls, text messages, and/or emails. How do the notifications work?
- When you sign up, you indicate how you would like to be contacted. For example, you can select to be contacted by phone call only, text message only, or by email only. You can also choose to receive alerts in multiple ways.
- Citizen Alert will send an alert to your first point of contact. If you receive the notification through your first point of contact, the system will stop at this point.
- If Citizen Alert cannot reach you on your first point of contact, the system will proceed to your second point of contact. If Citizen Alert cannot reach you on your second point of contact, the system will proceed to your third choice and will continue until you have confirmed that the alert was received, or until all methods of contact are exhausted.
What if your neighbourhood is not affected?
Citizen Alert uses a Geographic Information system where an alert can be tailored to a particular area in the city. For example, for garbage/recycling schedule changes, only individuals along the affected route will be notified. For other alerts, such as weather emergencies, all residents who signed up for Citizen Alert will be notified.
How do I make changes to or delete my Citizen Alert account?
You can add/change your profile information, contact methods, location, and delete your account by logging in to the Citizen Alert platform. Click here to manage your account.
Personal information is being collected under the authority of s.61(c) of the Access to Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used in the administration of the city’s Citizen Alert Program. Please note that inquiries about the use and protection of this personal information should be directed to the city’s ATIPP Coordinator at ATIPP@mountpearl.ca or 709-748-1136.