Billard Avenue Construction 2023
Updated: May 15, 2023
Starting in May 2023, Dexter Construction will begin construction work on Billard Avenue on behalf of the City of Mount Pearl. These upgrades will ensure the consistent delivery of important municipal services. We will do our best to limit disruptions, however, while construction is ongoing, you may experience temporary loss of water service, impacts to traffic, and restrictions to driveway access. Communication is an important part of this process, and we want to ensure you know what to expect during this time.
Please note the following project timeline, which is subject to change based on operational requirements or weather:
Construction is scheduled to begin on May 24th, 2023 and end on June 28th, 2023. Prior to construction, you may notice equipment or materials placed in the area in preparation for the project.
The contractor is permitted to work within the hours specified in the City’s Noise By-law (7:00 am to 11:00 pm). Daily schedules may vary depending on weather conditions.
WHAT TO EXPECT
This street project will include the rehabilitation of underground services. Cured-in-place-pipe (CIPP) is used to structurally rehabilitate and extend the service life of existing watermains. This lining operation has limited disruption to traffic and residents will have limited loss of water service. In order to accommodate the upgrading work, residents can expect some temporary inconveniences:
- Please note there may be instances of temporary disruption to power and/or water services to allow for completion of ongoing work. 24 hours notice will be provided to impacted residents, unless in cases of emergency.
- The contractor will need access to all residential properties to establish a temporary water connection during construction.
Curbs & Driveways
- There may be periods when you may not have access to your driveway to allow for curing of the concrete;
- The contractor will place signs prior to placing tack (tar) coating on the street. Motorists and pedestrians (children, pets) should avoid contact with the coating at all times. The city is not responsible for any damages;
- There will be fenced in open testing areas throughout construction. For your safety, please avoid these areas.
- During the work day, there may be one-way alternating traffic control by flag persons;
- On-street parking of vehicles may not be available during some stages of construction.
SAMPLE CONSTRUCTION PHOTOS
To communicate construction updates to residents, the city/contractor will use the following methods:
- Regular updates to this webpage
- Citizen Alert, which includes phone calls, text messages, and/or emails directly to those who sign up. To sign up, click here.
- Social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Physical letters (Delivered prior to substantial disruption)
The City of Mount Pearl appreciates the cooperation and understanding of its residents and the general public during this project. Please forward any inquiries to: