Family Snowshoe and Cross Country Ski Program
Starting on Sunday, March 7th, the City of Mount Pearl will be providing free contactless snowshoe and cross country ski rentals! Get outside and enjoy the beautiful trails around Power’s Pond with friends and family.
- Rental period is 24-hours/per person (participants may book as a bubble and one must be an adult)
- Bookings MUST be made in advance of pick-up
- Bookings can be made between 11am to 7pm, daily, by calling 709-764-7635.
- A copy of your photo ID must be sent to email@example.com before skis/snowshoes can be picked-up.
Power’s Pond Boat House (Enter from Clyde Avenue)
March 7, 2021 to March 31, 2021 (Weather permitting)
The Boat House is scheduled to open March 7, 2021 however days of operation are weather dependent and based on snow cover. Please call the info line at 709-764-7635 for updated facility operations during hours of operation.
- Daily (Sunday to Saturday) from 11am to 7pm
The snowshoes and skis are FREE to rent! Note we have limited quantities available and they will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis.
Both kids and adult sizes available, or bring along your own!
Throughout the winter months, the City grooms areas of its trail system for walking, snowshoeing and cross-country skiing. Groomed trails are highlighted in red and can be found here: Winter groomed trail map.
Please help us prevent the spread of the COVID-19:
- Participants must always observe safe physical distancing by keeping at least 6 feet (2m) between other people
- Please stay home if you are sick
- Practice proper hand hygiene by washing your hands or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.