Public Call for Chair, Admiralty House Communications Museum
Admiralty House Communications Museum is seeking an energetic and passionate person to become the Chair of our Volunteer Board of Management.
Closing date: Monday, September 13, 2021, at 4:00 pm
Admiralty House is a non-profit museum that has operated year-round as the sole heritage institution for the City of Mount Pearl since 1997. Admiralty House works to preserve, research, educate and promote the history of H.M. Wireless Station, early wireless communication, naval history, and Mount Pearl. We are committed to inspiring an appreciation of local history through engaging programs and exhibitions of special historic events affecting the larger community.
Board Position Summary
The Board has overall responsibility for the philosophies and operations of the Museum. The Board of Management operates under the direction of Mount Pearl City Council, through the Department of Community Development. Board Members bring a diversity of talent, experience, and skills to the table. The active involvement and participation of Board Directors is a vital and necessary component of the Museum. The successful candidate will serve for a contracted two-year term and then may choose to let their name stand for one-year extensions.
Responsibilities of the Chair:
- Guides the Board in the fulfillment of its mandate;
- Calling and leading all meetings;
- Oversees the formation of Board Committees and delegation of duties to the Board;
- Liaises with and provides direction to the Treasurer on all financial matters for the Museum
- Serves as the contact point for every board member on board issues;
- Supervision of the Museum Manager;
- Reports the Museum’s activities to the City of Mount pearl;
- Represents the organization when speaking to the media, or other groups; and
- Represents the Board and appears on its behalf at official functions and has prime responsibility for interaction with the government officials.
How to Apply
Interested persons can submit a cover letter and resume to:
Acting Chair, Admiralty House Communications Museum
3 Centennial Street, Mount Pearl, NL A1N 1G4