TIPS FOR APPLYING
- Submit a resume and cover letter in PDF format.
- Clearly quote the job title and competition number on your application.
- Submit your application by the deadline date and time as noted on the job posting. Applications received after the closing date may be considered as a late applicant.
- Ensure your information is updated, and provide a current telephone number and email address (if applicable) at which you can be reached and any times you are unavailable.
- Include all relevant experience, education and skills related to the job you are applying for. Provide some highlights and examples of your experience in your cover letter.
- Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
- Review all your information before submitting. Ensure the application is filled out completely and appropriate documents are attached, if needed.
- The City of Mount Pearl considers enthusiastic individuals who are committed to public service and who demonstrate a “CAN-DO” attitude.
- Dress appropriately for the interview.
- The work environment is scent free so please refrain from wearing any scented perfume, cologne, hair or personal care products.
- Allow time for travel and parking.
- Parking at all of the City facilities is free, please respect the accessible blue zones and for a safer exit reverse park (i.e. back into the parking space) or drive through.
- Interviews may take place at any of the City facilities including:
City Hall, 3 Centennial Street
Neil Windsor Municipal Building, 59 Clyde Avenue
Mount Pearl Summit Centre, 126 Old Placentia Road
Glacier Arena, 45 Olympic Drive
- Research our website and be prepared to talk about your understanding of the City of Mount Pearl and what we do to provide quality services to residents and the business community.
- Be prepared to discuss how your qualifications are relevant to the position you are applying for.
- Be confident and show interest.
- Advise us of any accommodation you may need prior to the interview.
- You will be given an opportunity during the interview to ask any related questions.