The City of Mount Pearl is now accepting applications from enthusiastic, creative and energetic individuals for the following summer positions:
- Day Camp Head Coordinator
- Day Camp Coordinator
- Day Camp Counsellor
- Summer Events Coordinator
- Summer Events Assistant
- Outdoor Recreation Coordinator
- Outdoor Recreation Counsellor
- Day Camp Inclusion Coordinator
- Day Camp Inclusion Counsellor
- Park Patrol
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16 and 30 by June 16, 2023
- Staff must have a valid first aid certificate from the period June 16, 2023 to August 25, 2023.
- Coordinators must have experience working in a summer recreation setting.
- Outdoor Recreation staff should have skills in canoeing, kayaking, backpacking, camping, a National Lifeguard Certificate or other Aquatic certifications would be an asset.
- Successful applicants must provide:
- A ‘letter of conduct’ from the RNC prior to commencing employment including the Vulnerability Sector Check;
- A Valid driver’s abstract dated within the last 6 months.
- All summer staff must complete the High Five Workshop ‘Principles of Healthy Child Development’. Course cost is $40.00. Course date will be announced.
All positions, wages, and hours of work, will be based on funding received through federal/provincial summer grants.
How to Apply
Please complete and submit the form below. The deadline for Summer Day Camp applications is Friday, April 7th, 2023. The deadline for Park Patrol applications is Friday, April 28th, 2023.
We thank all individuals who apply, but advise that all applications will not be acknowledged.
Applicants to be interviewed will be contacted by May 19, 2023.