Youth Leadership Program
Leadership is an important skill to have and develop. The City of Mount Pearl is offering a four week Youth Leadership Program in the months of July and August. This program will provide the opportunity for participants to work as team members to develop their leadership and community engagement skills. The program will be split up into 3 tiers:
- Skill Development (classroom)
- Environmental Factors (work as a day camp counsellor, observing and helping with camp staff)
- Commitment to Action (participants will demonstrate what they learned in the first two tiers)
As the youth work through the tiers, they will be developing their leadership skills, putting these developed skills into action, and in the final tier completing their community service project.
- The first leadership program will run from July 3rd to July 28th, 2023.
- The second leadership program will run from July 31st to August 25th, 2023.
- The cost of the leadership program is $200 per participant.
- Open to ages 12 to 15
- Mount Pearl residents: Tuesday, June 20th at 5:00pm
- Non-residents: Thursday, June 22nd at 5:00pm
- Register online here.