Summer Canoe/Kayak Program
The 2022 Canoe and Kayak Program is Temporarily Suspended.
Off 43 Clyde Avenue, at the Power’s Pond Boat House.
We currently have the following available:
- 4 double kayaks
- 1 single kayak
- 6 canoes
All equipment, including boats, paddles and PFDs, is supplied by the city at no cost to participants. You are encouraged to bring your own PFD’s – we have a limited supply and cannot guarantee we will be able to supply at the time of your booking.
- First come, first serve basis.
- Maximum of three adults per canoe, or with children – a maximum of 4 people per canoe (at least one adult must be present).
- The 2022 program takes place daily, as follows:
- Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, and Sunday: 12:30pm to 8:00pm
- Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday: 3:30pm to 8:00pm
The program will only take place when conditions are safe (i.e. no strong winds of 30 KMs per hour, no heavy rain). Please call the outdoor recreation coordinator at 709-764-7635 if you have any questions.
Please help us prevent the spread of the COVID-19:
- Stay home if you are sick
- Practice proper hand hygiene by washing your hands or using an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your sneeze or cough.