Summer Canoe/Kayak Program
Off 43 Clyde Avenue, at the Power’s Pond Boat House.
We currently have the following available:
- 4 double kayaks
- 1 single kayak
- 6 canoes
All equipment, including boats, paddles and PFDs, is supplied by the city at no cost to participants. You are encouraged to bring your own PFD’s – we have a limited supply and cannot guarantee we will be able to supply at the time of your booking.
- First come, first serve basis.
- Maximum of three adults per canoe, or with children – a maximum of 4 people per canoe (at least one adult must be present).
- The 2023 program takes place daily, as follows:
- SUNDAY ― 12:30 pm – 8:00 pm
- MONDAY ― 12:30 pm – 8:00 pm
- TUESDAY ― 3:30 pm – 8:00 pm
- WEDNESDAY ― 3:30 pm – 8:00 pm
- THURSDAY ― 3:30 pm – 8:00 pm
- FRIDAY ― 12:30 pm – 8:00 pm
- SATURDAY ― 12:30 pm – 8:00 pm
The program will only take place when conditions are safe (i.e. no strong winds of 30 KMs per hour, no heavy rain). Please call the outdoor recreation coordinator at 709-764-7635 if you have any questions.