- This event has passed.
Dealing with Dementia
May 17, 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Dr. Hasnain, a semi-retired Geriatric Psychiatrist, is offering 10 educational and support group sessions on the topic of dementia.
These sessions are open to the public free of charge. Group session will be held on a weekly basis at the Mount Pearl Summit Centre (multi-purpose room) from 7 – 8 p.m. Sessions are sponsored by the City of Mount Pearl.
March 22 to May 24 (Thursdays)
1. Introduction about the group and an overview of dementia and its common types – March 22
2. Early symptoms of common types of dementias – March 29
3. Coping with the early stages of dementia – April 5
4. Course of common types of dementias – April 12
5. Complications of dementias, an overview – April 19
6. Complications of dementias, a few common symptoms – April 26
7. Living through the challenges of dementias – May 3
8. Managing the later stages of dementias – May 10
9. Coping with the burden and the losses – May 17
10. Discussion and reflection – May 24
For more information, please call Sean McKenna, Manager of Community Services Programming, City of Mount Pearl at 748-1046.