Best in Mount Pearl Awards
The City of Mount Pearl is home to many amazing people and we want to recognize those who go above and beyond!
Our Best in Mount Pearl Awards honour our most outstanding citizens who through their achievements and extraordinary efforts have made exemplary contributions to the community.
These awards provide us with an opportunity to showcase residents, groups or businesses who “lead the pack”, take risks to innovate, establish new partnerships, question established ways of doing things and pioneer new approaches. The awards will recognize ideas and people that rise above challenges with vision, creativity and teamwork.
IMPORTANT: Before you submit a nomination, please read the Best in Mount Pearl Award Criteria (click here to view).
Nominations for the 2022 Best in Mount Pearl Awards are due on Friday, July 8th, 2022. Please click below to submit a nomination:
- Citizen of the Year
- Community Group of the Year
- Impact in Music, Arts and Culture
- Environment Award
- Lifetime Achievement
- Urban Agriculture
- Urban Architecture/Design
- Impact in Music, Arts, and Culture – Christine Hennebury
- Environment Award – Auto Parts Network AND Rotary Club of Waterford Valley
- Community Group of the Year – Parish of the Good Shephard
- Citizen of the Year – Wanda Tiller
- Lifetime Achievement – Jim Bulgar
- Impact in Music, Arts, and Culture – Mount Pearl Show Choir
- Community Group of the Year – Mount Pearl Frosty Festival
- Citizen of the Year – Robert Hayes
- Lifetime Achievement – Bernice Miller, Agnes Murphy, and Barbara Predham
Previous Citizen of the Year Winners
- Sandra Milmore – 2017
- Sally Seward – 2016
- Emma Thornhill – 2015
- Jim Greenland and Dan Maher, Co-Winners – 2014
Contact Us For More Information:
Rosie Stead, Community Events Coordinator