Prescheduled bulk garbage collection takes place in April, May, September and October.
During June, July and August, residents can request a maximum of two bulk collections free of charge. If you require collection at any other time, you may avail of our pick up service, which requires a prepaid fee of $45 for each service. These collections take place on Mondays and are by appointment only.
To ensure maximum efficiency, the City is divided into five zones for bulk garbage collection. Each zone receives collection on a specific day, as indicated below. Please note that bulk garbage collection may take up to one week to complete. You may also bring your bulk items to Robin Hood Bay.
- Mattresses/box springs (must be sealed in plastic)
- Sofas, chairs, furniture
- Bathroom fixtures
- Tree limbs
- Glass, securely packaged
- Minor renovation materials
- Other bulk items normally associated with a household
- Construction materials
- Landscaping materials
- Any items with nails not removed
- Oil products
- Auto parts
- Loose materials not bundled or boxed or in clear bags
Bulk Garbage Zones
If you would like to know your zone, simply select your street from the drop down menu or view the bulk garbage zone map.
Please Select Your Street …
2020 Bulk Garbage Collection Schedule
|Zone 1||Monday, September 14|
|Zone 2||Monday, September 21|
|Zone 3||Tuesday, September 8|
|Zone 4||Monday, October 5|
|Zone 5||Monday, September 28|
Bulk Garbage Guidelines
• Items can be placed at the curb on the evening before your collection day. Items are not allowed at the curb earlier than this time.
• Items must be placed at the curb by 8 a.m. on your collection day.
• Loose materials must be bundled, boxed or in clear bags and must not exceed 22kg (50lbs).
• Items not intended for bulk collection should be removed from the curb.
• Residents must separate metals from other bulk garbage.
• Consider donating quality, gently used furniture to local charities: www.homeagainfb.ca.
Search your item below for more specific details on what’s accepted: