Prescheduled bulk garbage collection takes place in May.
Collection takes place on Mondays and may take up to one week to complete. To determine your bulk collection day, please use the street selector tool below.
If you require collection at any other time, you may request a special pick-up service, which requires a pre-paid fee of $25 for each service. To book a service, please call 748-1016 to pay the fee and arrange a pick-up date.
Bulk items must not be placed to the curb until the evening before the scheduled pick-up day. Residents also have the option to store their items until the next annual free collection, or to bring their items to the Robin Hood Bay landfill, 340 East White Hills Road.
To ensure maximum efficiency, the city is divided into five zones for bulk garbage collection. Each zone receives collection on a specific day, as indicated below.
- Mattresses/box springs (must be sealed in plastic)
- Sofas, chairs, furniture
- Bathroom fixtures
- Garden Waste/Small Branches/Twigs (enclosed in a regular clear garbage bag)
- Tree limbs
- Wood waste (trees, branches, small logs)
- Glass, securely packaged
- Minor renovation materials
- Tires, with or without rims
- Other bulk items normally associated with a household
- Construction/building materials
- Landscaping materials
- Any items with nails not removed
- Oil products
- Auto parts
- Loose materials not bundled or boxed or in clear bags
Bulk Garbage Zones
If you would like to know your zone, simply select your street from the drop down menu or view the bulk garbage zone map.
Please Select Your Street …
2022 Bulk Garbage Collection Schedule
|Zone 1||Monday, May 9|
|Zone 2||Monday, May 16|
|Zone 3||Monday, May 2|
|Zone 4||Monday, May 30|
|Zone 5||Tuesday, May 24|
Bulk Garbage Guidelines
- Items can be placed at the curb on the evening before your collection day. Items are not allowed at the curb earlier than this time.
- Items must be placed at the curb by 8 a.m. on your collection day.
- Loose materials must be bundled, boxed or in clear bags and must not exceed 22kg (50lbs).
- Items not intended for bulk collection should be removed from the curb.
- Residents must separate metals from other bulk garbage.
- Consider donating quality, gently used furniture to local charities: www.homeagainfb.ca.
- Wood Waste Guidelines – logs must be a diameter of six (6) inches or less, and must be neatly stacked and free of items not accepted as follows:
- Construction or building materials, anything that contains dirt, sand, gravel, or rocks, materials that contain metal (nails, screws, fencing), string, or other human-made materials.
- Wood waste that is lumber, fence posts, signs, roots, root wads, stumps, or anything that grows below the soil.
Search your item below for more specific details on what’s accepted: