Prescheduled bulk garbage collection takes place in May.
Collection takes place on Mondays and may take up to one week to complete. To determine your bulk collection day, please refer to pages 11-16 of the 2021 Garbage and Recycling Guide, or use the street selector tool below.
If you require collection at any other time, you may avail of our pick-up service, which requires a prepaid fee of $25 for each service.
To ensure maximum efficiency, the City is divided into five zones for bulk garbage collection. Each zone receives collection on a specific day, as indicated below. You may also bring your bulk items to Robin Hood Bay.
- Mattresses/box springs (must be sealed in plastic)
- Sofas, chairs, furniture
- Bathroom fixtures
- Tree limbs
- Glass, securely packaged
- Minor renovation materials
- Other bulk items normally associated with a household
- Construction materials
- Landscaping materials
- Any items with nails not removed
- Oil products
- Auto parts
- Loose materials not bundled or boxed or in clear bags
Bulk Garbage Zones
If you would like to know your zone, simply select your street from the drop down menu or view the bulk garbage zone map.
Please Select Your Street …
2021 Bulk Garbage Collection Schedule
|Zone 1||Monday, May 10|
|Zone 2||Monday, May 17|
|Zone 3||Monday, May 3|
|Zone 4||Monday, May 31|
|Zone 5||Tuesday, May 25|
Bulk Garbage Guidelines
• Items can be placed at the curb on the evening before your collection day. Items are not allowed at the curb earlier than this time.
• Items must be placed at the curb by 8 a.m. on your collection day.
• Loose materials must be bundled, boxed or in clear bags and must not exceed 22kg (50lbs).
• Items not intended for bulk collection should be removed from the curb.
• Residents must separate metals from other bulk garbage.
• Consider donating quality, gently used furniture to local charities: www.homeagainfb.ca.
Search your item below for more specific details on what’s accepted: